Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, March 28, 2014

Book Review : The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle

I knew about this book a few years back when my friend, Shu-yin, blogged about it. Sometimes, I go to a bookstore, I'm so overwhelm with the amount of books there, I don't know what or rather which book to choose. I have been looking for this particular book for sometime now, but I couldn't find it in MPH or Popular bookstores. One day, my husband came back with the box set. He saw it at Borders and bought it for Lucas. :) The box set includes a board book & a caterpillar soft toy. As the size is not too big/heavy, it's easy for me to bring it out (without the box of course) >.<

Pic source : The Carle Bookshop


So what is the fuss about this caterpillar. In a nutshell, this board book is about a hungry caterpillar, who ate & ate & ate and it finally grew into a Butterfly... Well, that's pretty much a very compact summary of it. Haha. But seriously, that's not all this book is about, you might think! It was definitely more than just a caterpillar eating through the pages...  

This bright coloured illustrated book teaches children to identify different types of fruits & food, Counting, Colours, Days of the week (from Monday - Sunday), eating habits, how eating too much junk food can give you a stomachache & how eating nutritious food can make one Grow. Finally, of course, how a caterpillar grows to be a beautiful butterfly. Pretty Pack huh? I guess that makes it so popular among the parents. :)


Not only that, it has holes in on each fruit & this encourages interaction when I'm reading to Lucas. He loves poking his fingers in.


Sometimes, he uses his caterpillar plush toy and goes "nom nom nom" showing the caterpillar eating the fruits.



Lucas pointing to me the food I asked him.



That pretty much sums up about this little book. If you ever bring one home, I hope you enjoy reading it to your children as much as I do. :) 
Have a wonderful weekend! Thank you for dropping by.

Disclaimer: This review is not sponsored and it is based on my personal opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment