Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

What We didn't know About Bonjela...

Did you know that the old package bonjela that states that it can be used on babies 4 months and above has actually been revised? I recently found out about this as Lucas had 3big ulcers due to the fall and when I went to the chemist, I saw  bonjela in a different packaging. I felt something amissed as I have the old one with me. So I googled...

They have actually made a press release on these changes...(link attached)
http://www.bonjela.co.uk/press_release.html
But sadly, we are not exactly informed about this and I believed that many parents are still not aware as bonjela is still sold in the old packaging in Malaysia.

The concerns is due to the risk of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious condition that causes liver and brain damage. While the exact cause is unknown evidence has shown that previous viral infections such as flu or chickenpox can increase the risk and so can exposure to aspirin.

Salicylate salts, included in Bonjela acts in the same way as aspirin.

Now they have the adult indication which advises usage from 16years old and above. And teething gel version for children. 

Finally I got Hylands teething gel. This gel is not cheap! Cost me Aud12.99... I first tried it on myself to make sure it doesn't sting like bonjela. It's tasteless and it's cooling. Very much like aloe Vera gel :)
Manage to put some on Lucas while he was sleeping. The last I checked his ulcers seems to have recovered. Yeay! At least it's worth it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment